The below terms govern your use of Amazing Book Covers Design services. It is your right and responsibility to review these terms in their entirety. Please do so.
These terms and conditions were last updated on August 28, 2018. The terms below may change without notice. It is your responsibility to review these Terms regularly to ensure compliance.
a. “Website” means https://amazingbookcovers.com and its child webpages
b. “Company” refers to Amazing Book Covers Design
c. “Client” refers to any person, business, or other entity that may commission or hire the Company to complete any Work on their behalf
d. “Terms” represents this set of terms and conditions
e. “Work(s)” means photographs, illustrations, images, 3D assets, templates, or other pictorial/graphic work that you may commission through the Website of the Company
f. “Stock” refers to any photographs, illustrations, images, fonts, 3D assets, templates or other pictorial/graphic work that the Company may license on the behalf of the Client
2. Ownership. Unless otherwise expressly granted in writing the Company licenses stock for the creation of Work. The Company has no ownership interest in or to Stock. The Client will not be transferred ownership by virtue of these Terms.
3. Copyright. Unless otherwise expressly granted in writing the Client will not receive a copyright for the Work. Copyright of Work will be retained by Company and Stock’s respective copyright holders.
4. Stock. At the publication of these Terms Company licenses Stock from www.stock.adobe.com and www.neo-stock.com. Company periodically reviews various Stock providers and may change the source of its Stock at will and without notice. Company will update these Terms in the event of a change in Stock providers.
a. Clients may provide their own Stock if they have proof of license from the original Stock provider.
b. If a Client wishes to have Company procure Stock from a different source Company will license Stock on behalf of Client. Client will then reimburse Company for any and all expenses associated with the license of Stock on their behalf.
c. Client agrees to accept the terms and conditions of the above Stock providers when taking delivery of Work. The acceptance of the respective terms and conditions of Stock providers acts as a transference of license of Stock to be used in accordance with the respective terms and conditions of Stock providers. It is the responsibility of Client to read and understand these terms.
i. Adobe Stock Terms and Conditions may be found here
ii. NeoStock Terms and Conditions may be found here
iii. If the above terms and conditions URL changes and the links are “broken” it is the responsibility of Client to endeavor to locate the terms and conditions on their own.
d. Physical reproduction limits per “Standard License” from Adobe Stock is 500,000.
e. Physical reproduction limits per “Standard License” from NeoStock is 250,000.
f. Both Stock providers permit UNLIMITED electronic impressions i.e. websites, social media, ebooks, digital marketing, mobile applications, and etc.
g. If Client requires an extended license Company will procure the extended license on behalf of Client. Client will then reimburse Company for any and all expenses associated with procurement of an extended license.
5. Restrictions. Client must not use Work in a pornographic, erotic, explicit, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful manner.
a. Company is willing to produce Work that may be considered pornographic or erotic in nature provided Client consents to procurement of Stock from a provider whose terms and conditions allow such use. Client will reimburse Company for any and all expenses associated with procurement of Stock for this purpose.
a. Premade cover revisions will be granted for placement of ISBN barcode and typography only. This includes the following:
i. Book title
ii. Series title
iii. Author name
v. Bestseller/award status
vi. Blurb/back cover copy
b. No other changes are permitted without being assessed at least one hour of Company’s then current hourly rate.
c. Custom cover Clients will be offered up to three rounds of revision for any and everything on the cover. If Client requires additional rounds of revision the revisions will be billed at the then current hourly rate of Company with a one hour minimum.
d. It is the responsibility of Client to ensure there are no typographical errors in Work prior to delivery. Company is not responsible for proofreading Work. In the event a typographical error is found prior to delivery, Company will correct the error. If an error is found after delivery, a 30 day grace period will be granted for correction. After the 30 day grace period has expired any corrections will be billed at the then current hourly rate of Company with a one hour minimum.
7. Payment. Client will remit payment in full for premade covers upon purchase. Client will remit payment of a 50USD (United States Dollar) non-refundable deposit before starting the brief process with Company. Upon completion of brief process client will remit 50%(percent) of purchase price, less the non-refundable deposit, before production of Work will commence. Client will remit remainder of purchase price prior to delivery of Work.
8. Refunds. It is the policy of Company not to issue refunds, however the following exceptions may be granted on a case by case basis at the sole discretion of Company. Please ensure you want the Work before purchasing.
a. Premade cover refunds. A refund for the purchase of a premade cover may only be given in the event production of Work has not commenced. Plainly, if Company has started changing the typography of Work, a refund will not be granted. If production has not commenced and a refund is granted a 15%(percent) restocking fee will be assessed and the remainder of the purchase price will be refunded via the payment method used during purchase.
b. Custom cover refunds. A 50USD (United States Dollars) non-refundable deposit is required for all custom cover production. If production has not commenced on Work a refund will be granted less the non-refundable deposit via the payment method used during purchase. If production has commenced and a refund is granted for Work all Stock expenses will be deducted from the refund. Additionally, a two hour minimum of Company’s then current hourly rate will be assessed. This assessment may exceed two hours at the sole discretion of Company. The remainder of the purchase price less the non-refundable deposit, Stock expenses, and hourly rate will refunded via the payment method used during purchase.
9. Hourly Rate. The current hourly rate of Company is 35USD (United States Dollars). This rate is subject to change without notice. Company will update these Terms at least annually to reflect current hourly rate.
10. Attribution. At this time none of Company’s Stock providers require copyright attribution. It is Client’s responsibility to regularly check the terms and conditions of Stock providers and/or these Terms for any changes to attribution requirements.
a. If a Client wishes to give attribution to Company for Work please use the following, “Cover design by Amazing Book Covers https://amazingbookcovers.com/”